Price Control Mechanism
Uprising trend in prices of fruit and vegetables is observed in the province. The department is focusing to maintain a reasonable share of revenue to each stakeholder. In this connection, filed formation of the department and Market Committees are being directed to keep check on artificial price hike. Following measures/ mechanisms are adopted to achieve the objective.
- Presence of Secretary Market Committee was ensured in the main wholesale market at the time of auction
- Auction proceedings monitored regularly on daily basis
- Price lists prepared keeping in view the actual supply and demand
- Retail list prepared by giving real margin to the Retailer
- Prices announced through loud speakers to make it public
- Proper display of rates through rate cards and rate lists in visible and bold font
- In Sahulat Bazaar / Sunday Bazaar and Juma Bazaar the rate cards / lists displayed on iron stand on prominent places.
- Complaint No. printed on wholesale & Retail lists on Prominent Place to registered any complaint regarding Prices & Quality of Agri. Produce
- Rate list prepared under the supervision of representative of DCO Concerned
- Separate Register are being maintained for recording of Auction proceedings and Arrival of Agri. Produce
- Market Committees provide daily rate list to the DCO office for uploading the daily rates on the website.